Thursday, February 25, 2010

Discount Tent

I love to shop, I really do.  However, I am also very very cheap, which means that I refuse to pay a lot for anything.  So, I shop sales like no one's business, and I encourage all of you to do the same.  Many women and men balk at clearance items, thinking that it is weird or out date merchandise that is found on the discount racks. This is not the case, as one can find quality classic and stylish items that can be kept in a wardrobe for literally years, and not pay much at all.

Case in point: I recently scored at Filene's Basement a Calvin Klein plain black skirt that fits well, and goes with anything.  Retailed originally for over $60, I got it for less than $12.00.

I also love the store DSW for shoes, however I do not ever buy from the regular display, but I head to the back where the acres of clearance racks await my perusal, and the discovery of fantastic finds.  I recently scored 2 lovely pair of black and brown Clarks sandals (leather!) for Spring and Summer time, and paid around $12.00 each.  In addition, I scored an adorable pair of silver flats (leather, What's What? by Aerosoles) for around the same.

This does take patience to achieve.  It requires a lot of digging and sorting, gathering and trying on, but the end result is a fantastic look that costs a fraction of full price.

No comments:

Post a Comment